Admit it. One of the best things about starting a new job is discovering new lunch spots.
If you have ever put in four, six or even 10 years at the same company, like I have, deciding where to go for lunch can be uninspiring, at best. Of course I had my go-to standbys, budget-friendly picks and fancy schmancy good eats. But when lunch time rolled around, I dreaded making a decision, and often regretted my choice. Either I spent too much for what I got, too much grease made me lethargic the rest of the afternoon, or too light of a lunch made me ravenous by 3pm.
But now that I have a great new job in downtown La Jolla California, thoughts of lunch fill me with discovery and optimism.
I have already found some great new eateries. Yesterday’s journey brought me to Thai Pan Cuisine, which offered up a little bit of yellow curry heaven. The thinly sliced chicken, melt-in-your-mouth potato, onions and carrots were bathed in a creamy sauce so perfectly spiced that for a moment I considered the appropriateness of licking the bowl when I finished. I decided against it.
I then realized that tomorrow I may very well find another new culinary treasure.
We’ve noticed similar behavior when organizations manage and staff IT projects. Leaders select their “favorite” IT managers to lead high-profile and extra-challenging projects. Unfortunately, this often leaves other projects understaffed or without the requisite resources to see them through to completion.
Although some people may be uncomfortable outsourcing strategic IT functions, when you find the right team of experts, project completion and success is accelerated and time to value is expedited.
So, the next time you need to fill a technical gap, but not sure you should pull your “golden-boy” or “golden-girl” off their current important assignment, consider partnering with a technology services firm like Fairway Technologies that has the expertise and experience to deliver results quickly. You may discover a hidden treasure of talent.
Leave a comment
- iOS Unit Testing With OCMock
- Why Stakeholders Need To Be Involved In Scrum
- NuGet Config File Transformation Causes Duplicate Entries On Update
- Load Testing with Locust on Windows
- Writing A Custom LINQ Provider With Re-linq
- AutoMapper Profile Organization
- Rails 3.2: A Nested-Form Demo Part 4: Switch to Targeting Computer!
- SharpRepository: Configuration
- Rails 3.2: A Nested-Form Demo, Part 3: We’re Starting Our Attack Run!
- Rails 3.2: A Nested-Form Demo, Part 2: Accelerate to Attack Speed!
- Rails 3.2: A Nested-Form Demo, Part 1: All Wings Report In!
- iOS Behind the Curve
- Distributed Transaction Coordinators, Port 135, and Firewalls – Oh My!
- SharpRepository: Getting Started
- Find Performance Problems Using JMeter, MySQL and Xdebug/Webgrind
- Taming Hot Key Context Shifting When Running A Windows VM In Virtualbox On OSX
- Integrating Twitter’s Bootstrap Into Your Project
- Mobile payments, tags and more using NFC
- Stress Pig
- Dear Client Services, What Works?
- What Would Steve Do?
- Still Using Fiddler to Test & Debug Your REST Services?
- Write-through and Generational Caching Make a Great Team
- Thinking Recursively
- Development Incentives, What’s the Payoff?
- How do you like them Apples?
- “Optional” Software Development Practices Series — Code Review
- Adding Images to Select Lists in MVC3
- “Optional” Software Development Practices Series
- You Get What You Pay For…
- Outsourcing Safety Tips
- Facebook IPO
- The Ballad of Tim Toady
- The Little Schemer
- Newsflash: Mom leaves tech job at 5p.m.
- I <negative_emotion> Windows 8!
- Prefix vs. Postfix Increment and Decrement Operators in C++
- Corporate videos: viral boon or epic fail?
- Recruitin’ Time!
- Reference vs. pointer parameters in C++
- The IE8 "hover" Bug: The Most Awesome IE Bug Ever?
- When is perfect perfect enough?
- SOPA/PIPA: Anti-Censorship Protest or Techies Revenge?
- A Decade of Fairway
- Handling Session Timeout Gracefully
- Generating Software Diagrams
- The Audacity of Nope
- The Origins of Culture
- Scrum Overview in Prezi – not another boring slideshow
- Numbers don’t lie: LinkedIn Statistics
- What is your favorite software development tool?
- Best Practices for Selecting Onshore, Nearshore or Offshore Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) Providers
- Sign of the Times
- Advantages and Risks of Offshoring, Nearshoring or Onshoring
- Does Outsourcing Mean Offshoring?
- Too little, too late?
- New Favorite Lunch Spot
- Why should I care about functions as first-class citizens?
- PHP Remote Debugging with XDebug and NetBeans
- Installing SubText with Web PI
- ROI Primer
- Learn Domain-Driven Design
- Learn Behavior-Driven Development
- Mario Kart Tournament
- F# in 90 Seconds
- Website Vulnerabilities
- Scrum Overview
- Language Club
- Top 12 Favorite Podcasts Ever…
- Fairway Dart Tournament
- Learn Lean Software Development and Kanban Systems
- Android – Eclipse Quick Start
- Learn Functional Programming
- Backup & Restore Strategy
- Smartphone Screens – Another Wireless Variable
- Wireless Application Market
- Head First AOP